Let’s jump right to it. Feel free to comment on any or all of your answers:
- How many of you have to work more than 40 hours a week?
- If you answered “yes” to question #1, do you get paid for overtime?
- Has your supervisor ever suggested that you fudge the hours on your timesheet so you won’t get paid overtime?
- Are you forced to clock out for breaks?
- Are you offered health insurance through your job?
- Do you get paid time off?
- If you work the weekends, do you get paid time-and-a-half or double-time?
- If you get benefits, are they any good?
- If you don’t get health insurance–or what you do get offered is really bad–would a rabies shot or a dentist visit wipe out your monthly paycheck?
- Will you ever be able to retire?
- Will you ever be able to retire without skimping on really basic things every month?
- Will you ever be able to afford to send your kids to college?
- Are you able to send your kids to college now if they’re of college age (i.e. without their taking our massive student loans)?
- Are you able to go to school (without massive student loans)?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, that sucks. If it makes you feel any better, I answered “yes” to most of them, too. I think we need to figure out a solution. Any ideas?